[Openvpn-users] More thoughts on redirect-gateway

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] More thoughts on redirect-gateway
  • From: "Andrew Alston" <aalston@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:19:56 +0200

As referring to my previous email about redirect-gateway, I’m wondering if its trying to insert an interface id when it tries to create that route, and because the route is going to a gateway that’s not the Ethernet interface (it’s the ppp interface for my pppoe over adsl), its specifying the wrong interface id in the code and getting the route wrong and thereby breaking.

Hrmmm its weird, because all the other route additions work except for that first step where it tries to insert the route to the vpn server for route loop avoidance.

Anyone ever tried using redirect gateway under windows xp when the initial connection was a ppp or pppoe connection? And anyone have any success with this?

Andrew