[Openvpn-users] tls error when client changes its certs/keys

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] tls error when client changes its certs/keys
  • From: richard <rvenne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:35:28 +0100

00EB76server1/$my_server_ip:1194 TLS Auth Error: TLS object CN attempted to change from '00EB76server1' to '005BF7ser
ver1' -- tunnel disabled

00EB76server1 and 005BF7server1 are the same client machine. just for test, I've changed all my certs/keys files on client machine. I mean, all the files are regenered with openssl line command. but, when the client's openvpn is restarted with the new files, vpn server seems detected a possible Man in the middle attack and disables tunnel.

after about 5 mins and another restart with new files, the server accepted peer connxion.

how the server could detect the same client machine with new certs/keys files? by the way, all client certs/keys aren't genered on client machine, but another diffrent server.

are there a detection of client ip/client source udp port/certs files on server side?