[Openvpn-users] Error Running iptables commands from howto

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Error Running iptables commands from howto
  • From: "Derek Simard" <DerekS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:30:59 -0500

Title: Error Running iptables commands from howto

When setting up a OpenVPN system, i am getting an error on these 4 lines from the howto:

iptables -A OUTPUT -m state --state NEW -o eth0 -j ACCEPT

iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state NEW -o eth0 -j ACCEPT

iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

from what I have found in reference to this error, it is indicating that I am missing a kernel module that is needed.  What kernel module am I missing?

Software in use:

OpenVPN vs 2.0

Gentoo os current

Kernel 2.6.9