[Openvpn-users] Re: auth-user-pass problem

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: auth-user-pass problem
  • From: Gonda Laszlo <lgonda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:58:01 +0100

Mathias Sundman wrote:

> Yes, I just learned this one :-) --auth-user-pass REQUIRES --pull on the
> client side. The user/pass authentication uses the push/pull channel. You
> don't have to push any options though.
>
> What OpenVPN version are you using on the client side? 2.0_rc8 (2.0_rc7
> too, but with a bug!) reports this option error clearly.

Client: OpenVPN GUI 1.0-beta26 (last stable release), not the 2.0_rc8 on
Win2000.

Is not a potential security hole ?
I think, if the username/password authentication is fail, the connection must
be drop by the server.
For example somebody stole my files and try to connect to VPN, in this case,
possible
without known of  my username and password. This is a problem on the server
side not on the client

Leslie
ps: sorry my english