[Openvpn-users] Configure driving me nuts

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Configure driving me nuts
  • From: Andrew Niemantsverdriet <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:01:37 -0700

I am trying to compile openvpn-2.0 rc 6 on a redhat 9 box but it is not
working.

I am using this to compile:
./configure --with-ssl-headers=/usr/include/

That brings up this error:
configure: checking for OpenSSL SSL Library and Header files...
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... no
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... no
checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
configure: error: OpenSSL SSL headers not found.

A locate of the file in question revels:

[root@localhost openvpn-2.0_rc6]# locate ssl.h
/root/openvpn-2.0_rc6/ssl.h
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h
/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h

What is the deal? I know it must be something simple but google has not
returned anything useful. I have not ever had this problem before with
other openvpn installs.

Any hints?