[Openvpn-users] Re: Help tunneling internet connection over VPN TAP connection.

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Help tunneling internet connection over VPN TAP connection.
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:00:41 -0600

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:44:30 -0600, Christopher Omega wrote:
> I want to be able to send all network communication from my client
> through the VPN, even internet requests.

This is what the redirect-gateway directive is for. It's documented in the
man page.

Also, for future reference: When posting an OpenVPN config file that you
based on the sample to the list, please remove any and all comments that
you didn't add yourself. For those of us who are already familiar w/ the
information in the sample config file's inline documentation, they just
make it much longer and harder to read.

(Actually, you may find it useful to strip out the sample documentation
for your own use anyhow -- it makes for a much terser and easier-to-skim
file -- and rely on the man page, which is the canonical reference source,
when looking up directives).