Re: [Openvpn-users] openVPN full meshed

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openVPN full meshed
  • From: Leonard Isham <leonard.isham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:27:27 -0500

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:45:03 -0500, Tibbs, Richard <rwtibbs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh, sorry.
> I took the phrase routed subnets from an earlier post to mean that the openvpn config had a line like
> route A/24
> in multiple configs -- so that the subnets were securely accessible from multiple places.
> Rick.

[snip]

Actually It can... It depends on the configuration and routing....

James.

I'm beginning to think that the popularity of OpenVPN is bringing in
people wilt almost no background, as well as "seasoned professionals."

My concern is that OpenVPN will get a "bad rap" with people that don't
have the expected background to fully comprehend how to get it to work
it's "magic."

Maybe a "To fully utilize OpenVPN's potential requires a background in
VPNs, point-to-point WANs and routing..."  and links to help newcomers
come up to speed.  I cut my teath on "TCP/IP Illustrated and Radia
Perlmans's "Interconnections" (First Edition) so I don't have much in
the links suggestion area...

Any thoughts?

--
Leonard Isham, CISSP