[Openvpn-users] Re: Win2k service starting

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Win2k service starting
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:10:29 -0600

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:57:43 -0500, SG wrote:

> But when I start my computer, the mapped drives don't map - they error and
> time out

Is there a service that's responsible for mapping the drives? You might
want to set it to be dependent on the OpenVPN service. That said, don't
bother with this until you've handled the core issue, below...

> and the VPN doesn't seem to actually start (can't ping other
> network), until I restart it manually.

This is the first thing to fix. Look at the logs from OpenVPN (raise the
verbosity level if you have to, probably 4 to start with and no higher
than 5) to figure out what's going wrong.

> Could this be from not immediately restarting the PC after the OpenVPN
> install?

No.