Re: [Openvpn-users] openVPN full meshed

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openVPN full meshed
  • From: kesko78@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:38:40 +0100

On Jan 17, 2005, at 3:03 PM, Leonard Isham wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:20:30 +0100, kesko78@xxxxxxxxx <kesko78@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm trying to create a partially meshed network with openVPN, but i have a question:

Imagine that i have following scenario:

[Host A] VPNClient1

[Host B] VPNServer2 and VPNClient2

[Host C] VPNServer3

[Host D] VPNClient4

imagine that (the connections can't be moved...):

1) VPNClient1 opens a connection to VPNServer2 (A --> B)
2) VPNClient4 opens a connection to VPNServer3 (D --> C)
3) VPNClient2 opens a connection to VPNServer3 (B --> C)

Unless I'm missing something this isn't a partial mesh.

Surely, but unless i open (A->D) and (A->C and/or B->D) ,... that
question was in the END of mail...
That's only an explanation of what i'm doing for implementing a partial
mesh and
where i've troubles...

Each node in my network need to act as server and as client..
If I assign a separate subnet for each server (and clients that
connects to it), i've resolved
that, but i need to know if i can use a single subnet on all VPN...

Let's skip semantics.

Each site must have it's own subnet that can be routed.  Do yourself a
favor and don't use the same subnet at more than one site.

Sorry, missing part: I'm talking about addresses and subnets used by virtual VPN addresses (tun or tap)...

Set up your first site two sites (One server and one client) and get
that working then add the third site ( making sure the routing is

Add third as client?

working between all three sites (here it would be nice if your subnets
could be agrigated via CIDR to keep yopur routing tables small.

The add your fourth site and test routing...

Also that as client?

Regards...
pr0gg3d