[Openvpn-users] Weird problem with Open VPN... TAP only sends, doesn't receive.

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Weird problem with Open VPN... TAP only sends, doesn't receive.
  • From: "William Sellers" <wsellers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:47:24 -0600

Hi!

I have a problem with OpenVPN.   The current installation used to work, now, however, there is a problem.

The client portion connects to the remote server, and says the session has been successfully established.

The default gateway is changed to the gateway on the network I am connecting to, and everything seems to be just fine.

Lately, though, after being gone for a week, there seems to be a bit of a problem.   When trying to connect to a web page, I can see the TAP device sending packets, however, none are received back.   The tap device sends the packets onto the network connection, the network connections sends them into the VPN tunnel, the packets come back from the VPN tunnel, but THOSE packets aren’t sent to the tap device.

Has anybody else run across this situation?  If so, where should I look?

Bill