[Openvpn-users] Re: Weird problem with Open VPN... TAP only sends, doesn't receive.

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Weird problem with Open VPN... TAP only sends, doesn't receive.
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:37:09 -0600

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:31:58 -0600, William Sellers wrote:

> Lately, though, after being gone for a week, there seems to be a bit of
> a problem.   When trying to connect to a web page, I can see the TAP
> device sending packets, however, none are received back.   The tap
> device sends the packets onto the network connection, the network
> connections sends them into the VPN tunnel, the packets come back from
> the VPN tunnel, but THOSE packets aren't sent to the tap device.

Are you actually using tun or tap mode? (I notice you're on Windows, so
just because you're saying "tap device", you could be referring to the
tap-win32 adapter that's used in either case). In the former, there needs
to be a routing rule in place directing the packets going to the far side
of the VPN through the tap adapter; you should check that it's still in
place.

"openvpn --show-net" might be useful.