[Openvpn-users] OpenBSD TAP0 device

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenBSD TAP0 device
  • From: "Bob DeBolt" <bob.debolt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:41:14 -0700

Greets

OpenBSD 3.6 stable - OpenVPN 2.0 rc6

OpenBSD comes with layer 2 capability and it is switched on with a
simple ifconifg command, however, I'm having a problem getting OVPN
attaching to layer 2 without the "named" TAP interface.
I had hoped that OpenVPN would be able to detect the layer 2 capability.

I had a patch supplied to me a couple of days ago for the OBSD openvpn
1.6 port
which applied correctly but still comes up seeking the TAP device as
defined
in the config. TUN0 of course works fine.

Perhaps it can and I am missing a config setting. Anyone else using
OpenBSD
3.6 as an OpenVPN server that can help or set me straight. The
preference is to
use OpenVPN 2rc6.

Bob