[Openvpn-users] Re: Two OpenVPN incoming connections (two clients) and traffic shaping for them (OpenVPN 2.0)

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Two OpenVPN incoming connections (two clients) and traffic shaping for them (OpenVPN 2.0)
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:14:58 -0600

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:26:56 +0000, Remus wrote:

> 1) How to setup OpenVPN 2.0 server to accept two clients' connections?
>   To do two server instances running for each client or something else?

Two separate instances in peer-to-peer mode is possible (and the
traditional solution), but OpenVPN 2's "mode server" allows the use of
just one instance. See the OpenVPN 2 page at
http://openvpn.net/20notes.html

> 2) How to shape the traffic for the two OpenVPN clients ?

Hrm. I'm not sure what the behaviour of the shaper directive is in server
mode (cumulative traffic? per-tunnel traffic? unsupported?). Perhaps James
can comment.

An alternative is to do OS-level shaping and filtering on the tun or tap
device.