[Openvpn-users] Re: Exiting from 'Management Interface' causes openvpn 2.0rc7 daemon to die

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Exiting from 'Management Interface' causes openvpn 2.0rc7 daemon to die
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:36:17 -0600

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:13:14 +0100, Christian Røsnes wrote:

> However, I wonder why user 'nobody' is not allowed to bind to port 1103?

There's a longstanding tradition of not allowing unprivileged users to
bind to low ports (where the upper bounds of "low" is at least 1024).

That said, this still smells like a bug to me -- the OpenVPN server
shouldn't need to bind to the management port more than once for the
entire run of operation.