[Openvpn-users] RE: [Openvpn-users] How to initialize bridge at boot time?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] RE: [Openvpn-users] How to initialize bridge at boot time?
  • From: bgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:22:39 -0700

Mike-

Here is what works for me:

Given that the network I want my remote users to be able to connect to
is accessible via eth0 and I am creating a TAP device called tap0, I
create a bridge once per boot of the OpenVPN server:

  brctl addbr br0
  brctl addif br0 eth0

I hard-code eth0 with IP address info instead of using DHCP.

These commands are run every time OpenVPN starts:

  brctl addif br0 tap0
  ip link set tap0 up

After this is done remote clients are able to get IP addresses via the
DHCP server on my internal network.

These commands are also scripted to run again every time OpenVPN
restarts due to ping-restart.

HTH

Brent Gardner
Network Administrator