Re: [Openvpn-users] Rel: OpenVPN GUI for Windows 1.0-rc2

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Rel: OpenVPN GUI for Windows 1.0-rc2
  • From: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:47:05 +0100 (CET)

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, mark wrote:
>
>> Mathias Sundman wrote:
>>
>>>   "Service Only" mode. This is a mode that makes OpenVPN GUI more
>>>   friendly to use for non-admin users to control the OpenVPN Service.
>>>   Enable this mode by setting the registry value "service_only" to "1".
>>>

>> Hi Mathias!
>>
>> Thanks for a great program. Running it for a few weeks now, looks like a
>> certain winner to me!
>>
>> I'd love to, when time is due, install this new version on the client
>> machines. Primarily because it seems to be even easier. (Amazing, you
>> made
>> using openvpn easier than it already is!)
>
> Thanks for all warm words!

You deserve them!

>> But where do I find/create this service_only registry value?
>
> If you run this version once as administator or use the installation
> package, this reg value will be created for you. Then you can change it to
> "1". The reg value is located here:
>
> HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OpenVPN-GUI\

Ah lovely, I browsed there but only found these:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OpenVPN-GUI]
"config_dir"="C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config"
"config_ext"="ovpn"
"exe_path"="C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\bin\\openvpn.exe"
"log_dir"="C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\log"
"log_append"="0"
"priority"="NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS"
"log_viewer"="C:\\WINDOWS\\notepad.exe"
"editor"="C:\\WINDOWS\\notepad.exe"
"allow_edit"="1"
"allow_service"="0"
"allow_proxy"="1"
"silent_connection"="0"
"disconnect_on_suspend"="1"
"passphrase_attempts"="3"
"connectscript_timeout"="15"
@="C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN"

I have not even tried simply adding the key, I'll do that in a bit, just
wanted to let you know.

I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 2

Thanks again,
Mark