Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Re: openvpn-2 tap and nat - understanding problem [partially solved]

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Re: openvpn-2 tap and nat - understanding problem [partially solved]
  • From: Konrad Karl <kk_konrad@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:12:37 +0100

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 07:45:35PM -0600, Charles Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:29:29 +0100, Konrad Karl wrote:
>
> > One question still remains: how to combine more than one server
> > instance in such a way that all clients get the impression being on the same
> > virtual "ethernet cable"? (the servers would have to use tap of course)
>
> Why use more than one server instance? Just use OpenVPN 2's multi-client
> server mode with the client-to-client directive.

client-to-client is already in my config.

most useser could use UDP (better performance) but some are forced to use
TCP and one openvpn instance cannot support both at the same time.
(am I correct?)

> That said -- do you have any good reason for using tap rather than
> tun+WINS?

- less configuration for windows users. and , additionally, some
  games communicate via IPX (i am no expert here).

- i want to understand the stuff :-)

Konrad