[Openvpn-users] How to initialize bridge at boot time?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] How to initialize bridge at boot time?
  • From: Mike <azmr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:19:41 -0700 (MST)

What is the proper way to initialize or create a bridge on a linux box at boot time? I currently initialize both ethernet interfaces, eth0 external and eth1 internal in the "normal" way via the init scripts. Then in rc.local I run the equivalent of the bridge-start script from the 2.0 examples.

This seems to work intermittently. When it doesn't work, the only problem I have is that IP addresses are never assigned via dhcp. If I look in /var/log/messages I see the dhcp requests on eth0. When it does work I see dhcp requests on br0.

My guess is that dhcpd is not sure which interface to listen on after bridge-start yanks eth1 out from underneath it(?).

-- Thanks, Mike