[Openvpn-users] Re: resend with updates: OpenVPN on CentOS(RHES clone) and Fedora Core3..some strange things

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: resend with updates: OpenVPN on CentOS(RHES clone) and Fedora Core3..some strange things
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:01:58 -0600

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:26:22 -0700, j p wrote:

> 5. anyone successfully using OpenVPN on RedhatEnterprise 3.x or any
> clones of it with out any issue?

Yes; one of my production servers running OpenVPN is based on RHEL3.

If I were in your shoes, I'd start trying to figure out what's going on
when OpenVPN stalls -- run with verbosity level 5 in a screen session and
observe whether OpenVPN is trying to send or receive packets when it's
down; use ethereal to monitor the ethernet interface; strace the OpenVPN
process and see it's doing while stalled; hand-check your firewall
rules, routing tables and netstat output to look for anything weird
when the system is down; etc.

Frankly, the reason you're not getting assistance here is likely because
(1) nobody else [AFAIK] has experienced that problem, and (2) you're not
providing very much information to go on. Making some observations (with
strace/ethereal/etc) will hopefully provide a clue or two as to what's
going on, at which time someone here can lend a hand.