Re: [Openvpn-users] Changing password on certificate

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Changing password on certificate
  • From: Davis Goodman <davis.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:49:26 -0500

Jon Bendtsen wrote:

Den 12. jan 2005, kl. 22:48, skrev Davis Goodman:

Hi everyone,

I've got an issue where one of our user has forgotten is certificate password. The person who has created the certificate can't remember the password that was assigned to this certificate. ( I know, we'll put something in place to gather these passwords ;-) ). My question:

Is there a way for root to reset the password with either OpenVPN or openssl without knowing the original one. We would rather not issue a new certificate.?

revoke the old certificate
issue a new certificate

Well this doesn't work, I'm getting an error when trying to connect:

Wed Jan 12 17:34:56 2005 us=68815 WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled. See http://openvpn.sourceforge.net/howto.html#mitm for more info. Wed Jan 12 17:36:15 2005 us=48381 ERROR: could not not read Private Key password from stdin Wed Jan 12 17:36:15 2005 us=48419 Exiting

I guess we'll just re-issue a new one under a new name.

Thanks,

Davis

JonB