Re: [Openvpn-users] Changing password on certificate

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Changing password on certificate
  • From: Jon Bendtsen <jon.bendtsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:02:13 +0100

Den 12. jan 2005, kl. 22:48, skrev Davis Goodman:

Hi everyone,

I've got an issue where one of our user has forgotten is certificate password. The person who has created the certificate can't remember the password that was assigned to this certificate. ( I know, we'll put something in place to gather these passwords ;-) ). My question:

Is there a way for root to reset the password with either OpenVPN or openssl without knowing the original one. We would rather not issue a new certificate.?

revoke the old certificate issue a new certificate

JonB