[Openvpn-users] Changing password on certificate

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Changing password on certificate
  • From: Davis Goodman <davis.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:48:25 -0500

Hi everyone,

I've got an issue where one of our user has forgotten is certificate password. The person who has created the certificate can't remember the password that was assigned to this certificate. ( I know, we'll put something in place to gather these passwords ;-) ). My question:

Is there a way for root to reset the password with either OpenVPN or openssl without knowing the original one. We would rather not issue a new certificate.?

Thanks in advance,

Davis Goodman
--

*Davis Goodman*