Re: [Openvpn-users] http-proxy auth creds from management interface

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] http-proxy auth creds from management interface
  • From: "James Yonan" <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:46:18 -0000

Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, James Yonan wrote:
>
> > Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> >
> >> I just realized one more thing that would be useful to have in the
> >> management interface -- Have it prompt for http-proxy auth creds there
> >> instead of an authfile or stdin.
> >
> > Try passing the string "management" as the http-proxy password filename.
> >
> >> I think if authfile is set to "stdin" and --management-query-passwords
is
> >> used, it should use the management interface instead.
> >
> > The way the code is set up right now, if the authfile is set
> > to "management", it will always query the management interface.  Setting
> > to "stdin" only queries the management interface for a certain subnet of
> > password types.  Yes, this needs to be better documented.
>
> Ahh, sorry, I should have tried that. I just read the
> manpage and saw nothing about this...
>
> What do you mean by "Setting to "stdin" only queries the management
> interface for a certain subnet of password types."?

Oops, that's a typo... I meant "subset" not "subnet".

The subset = private key password and/or auth-user-pass username/password.
The http proxy password is not included here, so you need an
explicit "management" string as the authfile.

It's probably more consise to simply use "management" rather than "stdin" in
all cases where you want to query the management interface.

I'll update the man page.

James