Re: [Openvpn-users] http-proxy auth creds from management interface

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] http-proxy auth creds from management interface
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:59:57 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, James Yonan wrote:

Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

I just realized one more thing that would be useful to have in the
management interface -- Have it prompt for http-proxy auth creds there
instead of an authfile or stdin.

Try passing the string "management" as the http-proxy password filename.

I think if authfile is set to "stdin" and --management-query-passwords is
used, it should use the management interface instead.

The way the code is set up right now, if the authfile is set to "management", it will always query the management interface. Setting to "stdin" only queries the management interface for a certain subnet of password types. Yes, this needs to be better documented.

Ahh, sorry, I should have tried that. I just read the manpage and saw nothing about this...

What do you mean by "Setting to "stdin" only queries the management interface for a certain subnet of password types."?