[Openvpn-users] Re: TAP - Connection between Windows and Linux (partially solved)

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: TAP - Connection between Windows and Linux (partially solved)
  • From: Roger <rgwch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:48:39 +0100

Charles Duffy schrieb:
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:25:54 +0100, Roger wrote:

Thanks a lot, saw already this (experimental :-)) option, but gonna try this. I think, in this case, i should build up some firewall rules, redirecting all outgoing traffic to my tap-device and ignoring all traffic from outside not coming through the same.

If you get a working set of rules, mind posting them? There've been folks
from time to time looking for such a thing, and it'd be nice to have in
the archives.

of course i can. Most of them are already online, but i will try to make this as simple and easy as possible.

btw. routing still doesn't work, if i traceroute -s [vpn-ip] myserver.domain.tld -> stops when response from myserver is there... but i have done this without redirect-gateway (didn't work) and still having default gateway on my effective interface, not on the tap0. I think i gonna forward all outgoing traffic via iptables to tap0 and drop all traffic (in-out) not adressed to tap0 - this should work (somehow) either.

hopefully i get this up, so i could show it up in a small & thin bash-script.

Thanks for your help.
Roger