Re: [Openvpn-users] http-proxy auth creds from management interface

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] http-proxy auth creds from management interface
  • From: "James Yonan" <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:48:24 -0000

Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> I just realized one more thing that would be useful to have in the
> management interface -- Have it prompt for http-proxy auth creds there
> instead of an authfile or stdin.

Try passing the string "management" as the http-proxy password filename.

> I think if authfile is set to "stdin" and --management-query-passwords is
> used, it should use the management interface instead.

The way the code is set up right now, if the authfile is set
to "management", it will always query the management interface.  Setting
to "stdin" only queries the management interface for a certain subnet of
password types.  Yes, this needs to be better documented.

James