[Openvpn-users] Re: TAP - Connection between Windows and Linux (partially solved)

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: TAP - Connection between Windows and Linux (partially solved)
  • From: Roger <rgwch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:25:54 +0100

Charles Duffy schrieb:
Roger wrote:

but, how can i set, that all traffic now flows by the tap-device? will i have to set this in iptables?

Use "redirect-gateway" (read the man page entry before trying it) to make your default gateway be on the far side of the VPN. This won't quite force _all_ traffic to be VPNned -- systems on your subnet will be accessible directly through the ethernet device -- but it's the closest thing available without getting tricky.

Thanks a lot, saw already this (experimental :-)) option, but gonna try this. I think, in this case, i should build up some firewall rules, redirecting all outgoing traffic to my tap-device and ignoring all traffic from outside not coming through the same.

Roger