[Openvpn-users] Authenticate/Decrypt packet error

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Authenticate/Decrypt packet error
  • From: Bradley Alexander <storm@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:41:06 -0500

Hi,

Got a problem showing up in openvpn, and I was wondering if anyone has seen
it.

Here's my situation. New laptop, new cert for said laptop, original firewall
and original config (that worked with the old laptop. At the moment, on the
work connection, I am using wireless. I am seeing the following fairly
regularly:

Tue Jan  4 13:14:40 2005 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may
be a replay): [ #1378 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and
--replay-window for more info or silence this warning with
--mute-replay-warnings
Tue Jan  4 13:14:40 2005 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may
be a replay): [ #1399 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and
--replay-window for more info or silence this warning with
--mute-replay-warnings

I did not ever see this with the old laptop (old laptop => Mac Powerbook G3
w/Debian Linux; new laptop => IBM T42 w/Debian; firewall => PII w/Debian.)

I see it a lot sometimes, but at other times, I don't see any complaints. For
instance, right now, I am rsyncing across the VPN, and seeing a ton of them.
Is this due to UDP retransmissions because of, perhaps, the wireless dropping
packets and forcing retransmission?

--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                       |