[Openvpn-users] Re: OpenVPN in an embedded linux device

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: OpenVPN in an embedded linux device
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 02:59:50 -0600

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:00:18 +0530, Amit Murthy wrote:

> Is anybody aware of any embedded linux devices (like the Linksys
> routers) providing openVPN support out of the box? I really like the
> small form factor of those devices and have not come across any
> manufacturer supporting openVPN in their products out of the box.

There are a number of people running OpenVPN on Linksys WRT54G wireless
routers. It's not quite out-of-the-box, but there's plenty of
documentation and community support. Other than that, I don't know that
you have many options yet. (That said, adding OpenVPN support would be
extremely straightforward for any Linux-based networking device
manufacturer, so it's only a matter of time).

See:
  http://cmeerw.org/dev/node/97
  http://openwrt.org/