[Openvpn-users] vpn goes up, but no traffic. (?)

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] vpn goes up, but no traffic. (?)
  • From: "David D." <david79345@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 11:47:58 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am trying to use OpenVPN w/TLS, but while I can get
the client to authenticate fine with the server, the
tunnel does not pass any data.  (At least I can't seem
to ping anybody...)

Here is my config:

Server: Linux
 -- eth2 and tap0 are, supposedly, bridged using the
script that came with OpenVPN, modified as needed.
Not sure how to test if this is working.
 -- Using TCP, as VPN server is behind a NAT that will
not forward UDP.  NAT is set to forward correct TCP
data to VPN server.

Client:  WinXP
 -- Also behind NAT, but this should not matter as the
TCP stream is outgoing and should be handled by the
NAT just like any other TCP stream, right?

Below are the config and route tables.

Thanks for any help,

David

-----------------------------
-----------------------------

Server config is:

-------------------
proto tcp-server
port 12345

dh dh1024.pem
ca ca.crt
cert svrcert.crt
key svrcert.key

dev tap0
comp-lzo

server-bridge 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.40
10.0.0.49

route remote_host 255.255.255.255 net_gatway

keepalive 10 60
--------------------------------

Client config is:
--------------------------------