[Openvpn-users] Windows 2000 Routing??

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Windows 2000 Routing??
  • From: Andreas Iwanowski <namezero@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 23:15:02 -0500

Hello community.

I have posted this problem a while ago, but have not received an answer that helped.

Here is the problem:

Network 192.168.250.0/24 <=> VPN Server1 192.168.250.6 / VPN 10.0.0.1 <====> VPN Server2 192.168.251.1 / VPN 10.0.0.2 <=> Network 192.168.251.0/24

Both servers are running Windows 2000AS and Routing and remote access.
Both servers have static routes.
Static route on Server1 is 192.168.251.0 255.255.255.0 over 10.0.0.2
Static route on Server2 is 192.168.250.0 255.255.255.0 over 10.0.0.1

Everything so far works fine.
Clients on both sides have the corresponding VPN server as their default gateway, which redirects internet to the internet router and VPN traffic over the VPN.

The internet IP of the first VPN server is dynamic, and it reconnects every 24 hrs.
When a client sends data while the VPN is reconnected, the routing breaks.
I.e. except for the server itself, no client can communicate over the VPN (ping doesn't work either). Only the server itself can communicate.
Restarting VPn or Routing&Remote access does not help; only restaring the entire server machine (pretty annoying)

Now, my guess is that something with ARP goes wrong??

I'm in dire need for help.

-andy