[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN+RRAS Troubles

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN+RRAS Troubles
  • From: Andrea Nicolini <andrea@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:17:01 +0000

Hi All,

I'm a new Openvpn enthusiast looking for a solution for a problem I'm facing.

I'm having troubles running openvpn2.0 both in client and server mode on Windows 2000/2003 Server when the Routing an RAS service is running.
In fact when RRAS is up openvpn is unable to add certain routes so the vpn connection succeed but packets aren't routed correctly.

After tinkering a bit I found a couple of workarounds and I'd like to know if this is the right way to go.

Solution 1:
Where possible I disable the RRAS service and enable routing in the Windows registry.

Solution 2:
On a server I use 'route-method exe' in order to add routes through the shell instead of IPAPI.
On a client I use 'route-method exe' and 'route-delay 10' for the same reason.

Now, it seems that IPAPI clashes against RRAS but I didn't find any clue on this trouble.

Any idea?

Thank you.
Bye.