[Openvpn-users] server push wrong routing and ifconfig to client

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] server push wrong routing and ifconfig to client
  • From: Shaun Savage <savages@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 13:21:38 -0800

Hi all

I am using openvpn-2.2.0-rc6 on linux. I had tls to tls vpn working now I am trying to get the sever - client working now.

The server.conf

The client.conf is about the same but
remote NN.NN.NN.NN 1194

The problem is the tun0 on the server is point to point to PtoP
the routing is also

# route

BUT on the client

tun0 is

with route UGH   0      0        0 tun0    *        U     0      0        0 eth0   UG    0      0        0 tun0

Why doesn't the routing match? the 2 PtoP should be inverse.

If you need the whole configuration I can send it, but I hope I the limited config will be enough to know the problem.