Re: [Openvpn-users] Active Directory Login

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Active Directory Login
  • From: Steven Coutts <scoutts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:13:10 +0000

Mathias Sundman wrote:

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Sebastian Pein wrote:

What if am not using bridging and just a standard 'dev tun' tunnel?
Still set-up WINS?

Yes, WINS or manually through LMHOSTS.

from w2k on it will work with usage of dns-servers from the domain in question
too, right? (also distributable via dhcp)

Yes, you're right. Sorry for my missleading posts. I was still living in the NT4 world :-)

Right I'll bear that in mind, they already have a WINS server in so there is no harm in using this too, might help with when they install SMS.

Steven Coutts B.Sc.(Hons) MBCS

PGP Public Key