[Openvpn-users] Tunnel Traffic not passing during route-up script execution

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Tunnel Traffic not passing during route-up script execution
  • From: Mark Wiater <mwiater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 15:29:17 -0500

Hello,

I've got a little problem with a site to site OpenVpn configuration. The
short of it is that I'm trying to measure bandwidth through the tunnel
so I can implement dynamic bandwidth shaping, but traffic generated to
measure the bandwidth never gets into the tunnel.

The client conf files look like this:

dev tun0
remote openvpn.server
ping 15
verb 3
port 1194
tls-client
key key.pem
cert cert.pem
ca cacert.pem

passtos

route-up /etc/openvpn/tcrules
pull

With that route-up command in there, I can see that my script runs but
no data can be seen in the tunnel with tcpdump. Additionally, executing
ping <ip of remote tun0> also fails. ip route shows the correct route in
place.

If I comment that route-up command, the tunnel comes up nice and quick
like it normally does. I can then manually run the bandwidth measuring
script without error. I've tried beta17 and RC1.

Have I just missed something really obvious or if there is another way
that I should be running my script?

Thanks

Mark