Re: [Openvpn-users] handshake

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] handshake
  • From: Jean-Pierre Schwickerath <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:24:15 +0100

> hy... my idea is create a "openvp-server" and "openvpn-clients".
> i would like to share secure informations with who want... like a
> "free-openvpn-server".
> where people contact me and than i create the certificates, user,
> pass..., and this client can get informations on my server securely.
>
> but i didnt find informations about this using openvpn, only freeswan,
> but i dont want to use freeswan.

To manage the certificate you can use the scripts in the easy-rsa
directory of the openVPN source archive.
There is also a directory called sample-config-files. Have a look at the
server.conf and client.conf these are pretty good templates to start
your project. You should only need to generate the certificates and
modify a few things in the config files (Network addresses and the like)
to make your VPN work.

There is also plenty of information on the website and some pretty
decent tutorials.

Jean-Pierre