Re: [Openvpn-users] Active Directory Login

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Active Directory Login
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:47:38 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Steven Coutts wrote:

If i have remote machines connecting to my network via the openvpn service on pc startup, they should be log onto the domain without a problem, I know there is a problem with accessing shares that you need to install a wins server for, but the general logging into the domain should just work right?

You will have the same type of problem logging on to a DC as with accessing a share by its name or doing network browsing.

You will need to either make broadcast work through bridging, or setup WINS / LMHOSTS.

Otherwise your client won't be able to find out what server that is servicing the domain you are trying to logon to.