Re: [Openvpn-users] Acessing windows shares from a remote openvpn connection (using wins)

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Acessing windows shares from a remote openvpn connection (using wins)
  • From: Sebastian Pein <pein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 02:51:56 +0100

it's too late to figure out exactly. but try this

tcp AND udp 135, 137, 138, 139, 445

if necessary, traffic can be tracked down completely, but for now this should be
ok. maybe try something like this as a test setup.

* tail the samba logs (tail -f /path/to/smb.log)
* monitor the traffic on a link that can see all attached nodes, perhaps the the
vpn server
* on your windows box monitor the traffic with ethereal (www.ethereal.com) to
see if there are answers to smb requests at all

where are you from? i'm from germany, it is about 3 oclock in the morning, i
wont be up too long any more.