[Openvpn-users] Acessing windows shares from a remote openvpn connection (using wins)

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Acessing windows shares from a remote openvpn connection (using wins)
  • From: Mario Bittencourt <mbneto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:33:01 -0400

Hi,

I have two samba servers (one domain master browser) and a couple of
windows clients.

I'd like to access (browse) the servers' shares using my openvpn connection.

The samba server that acts as the domain master browser is also
configured as wins server (wins support = yes).  The other samba
server is configured to use the wins server (wins server = A.B.C.D).

I've added the wins option to the server, and when I connect the vpn
"interface" show the A.b.C.D as the WINS Server (Network Connection
Details).

When I open the View Workgroup Computers the only computer that appears is mine.

Any ideias ?

I've added a tcpdump on my wins server and no package comes from my
openvpn interface.

thanks