[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN questions about pam or ldap auth

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN questions about pam or ldap auth
  • From: "Walter Wickersham" <wwickersham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:52:40 -0800

greetings, I'm looking at the possibility of using OpenVPN to replace the current use of PPTP in our company for vpn access for individuals, my questions are the following, I couldnt find any clear answers looking in the source or faq's/docs that I could find (Although, I may have missed something)

We dont want to use certificates, instead we want to use pam or ldap with password auth, so we can tie it into active directory (we allready have winbind on a linux box tied into it, and if it hooks into pam cleanly, it could use that)

So, the questions are:

will it use ldap for password auth?
will it use pam for password auth?
does anyone have any examples, or am I starting from scratch here?

Many thanks for the help..

-Walter Wickersham