Re: [Openvpn-users] SSHv2 vs OpenVPN security

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] SSHv2 vs OpenVPN security
  • From: Robert VPN <openvpn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:36:23 -0600

Oh yeah, sorry -- I didn't mean to sound like I was coming down on you or anybody. I was just adding some more about their "browser based" VPN as opposed to OpenVPN. I get a kick out of companies trying to pawn off this everyday stuff as something new and revolutionary.

I still use SSH for a vast number of things and will continue to do so. SSH port forwarding is so simple and elegant (and widely supported) that it just makes sense.

SSH and SSL are just fine. :)

-- Robert

Leonard Isham wrote:
Robert and all,

My point is more along the line that even a long time supporter of SSH
(they actually where working towards a SSH based VPNish solution) has
embraced SSL.
Don't get me wrong I have and will continue to use SSH, and Stunnel,
as a way in, but OpenVPN is, by far, my prefered method.