[Openvpn-users] Clarify Windows networking support in HOWTO?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Clarify Windows networking support in HOWTO?
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:39:56 -0600

On the IRC channel, I've had a few folks who were under the impression
that tun mode didn't work with Windows. When following up on this, I found
out this was belief was based on the following passage from the HOWTO:

	Bridged Ethernet Tunnels -- can be used to tunnel both IP and non-IP
	protocols. This type of tunnel is appropriate for applications which
	communicate via broadcasts, such as Windows networking and LAN games.
	Slightly more complex to configure.

Perhaps this could be clarified to indicate that Windows networking can
still be supported?

	Bridged Ethernet Tunnels -- can be used to tunnel both IP and non-IP
	protocols. This type of tunnel is appropriate for applications which
	communicate via broadcasts, such as Windows file and print sharing
	(without a WINS server) and LAN games. Slightly more complex to
	configure.