Re: [Openvpn-users] Mac Tun/Tap drivers & the GUI installer, 10.3.7

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Mac Tun/Tap drivers & the GUI installer, 10.3.7
  • From: Matthew Barr <mbarr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 04:58:22 -0500

And now that I'm kicking myself... Jon is exactly right. Trying to modify network settings generally needs root. And somehow.. i neglected to use sudo on that one minor command. Oh well. at least it's now in the archives, so the next silly person that forgets will search for the error message, and get the easy answer of

USE ROOT! to solve Cannot allocate TUN/TAP dev dynamically for openvpn.

Maybe the search engines will pick up on that line.. and make sure we don't see it again.

/me prepares to be feathered & tarred.

Matthew