[Openvpn-users] OpenBSD 3.6 bridge setup, tap/tun problem

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenBSD 3.6 bridge setup, tap/tun problem
  • From: Jelle Posthuma <jelle.posthuma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:19:24 +0100

I was wondering if anybody could help me with this odd problem.

Since OpenBSD 3.6 is the possible to use Tap style interfaces and thus
being able to create a bridged openvpn server setup. There is however one problem: OpenBSD does not use the interface name Tap0 but just names it Tun0. Is there some workaround available so that the openvpn daemon will unstand that Tun0 is a tap style device?

Thanks in advance,

Jelle