[Openvpn-users] Re: Can't establish a connection

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Can't establish a connection
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:00:13 -0600

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:37:04 -0300, Alejandro Cabrera Obed wrote:

> When I run "openvpn --config local.conf" in my host (the other is running
> ok), at last I get the following sequence time after time and I can
> connect to the other point...What is wrong ???

This dump is using a higher level of verbosity than necessary, to the
point where it's so verbose with minute details that probably aren't
relevant that it's hard to pick out anything important -- if it in fact
shows anything important at all.

When verb 4 or 5 doesn't show results, instead of looking at the OpenVPN
output with a higher verbosity, I typically start using ethereal and
similar tools to make sure the UDP packets really are getting from end to
end, to see if there's anything going into or out of the tun adapter, and
so forth. Checking for any logs coming from your firewall might be useful,
too.