Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: win32 issue using wireless adapter

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: win32 issue using wireless adapter
  • From: Jason Hildebrand <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:18:34 -0600

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 15:47 -0600, Charles Duffy wrote:
> Perhaps this would be related to the priority of the various adapters? I'd
> be willing to bet that the tap adapter is higher-priority than the wired
> adapter but lower-priority than the wireless adapter.

Hmmm.  I saw a posting about this from a couple of weeks ago, but didn't
understand exactly how to set or determine the adapter priorities.  I've been
unable to google up any documentation on adapter priorities under Windows --
can you recommend anything?

Can I see the current priorities simply from the order in which the
network interfaces appear in the control panel?  I actually think that
the wired (ethernet) adapter was the first in the list (and the tap
adapter came later) -- but in that case why would openvpn be able to connect
at all?

peace,
Jason