Re: [Openvpn-users] pracitcal example using OpenBSD?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] pracitcal example using OpenBSD?
  • From: Robert VPN <openvpn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:29:19 -0600

Matt,

Did you enable pf? I ask because pf is not enabled by default. If you did not enable pf in rc.conf, then it's something other than pf that would explain your inability to connect. I ask because usually someone who has enabled pf knows how to write a pf rule.

Myself, I am still running 2.0 beta 15 and am still using port 5000, so here is an extremely basic example of a pf rule for this kind of thing:

pass in on fxp0 proto udp from any to any port 5000 keep state

Again, this is very basic. You should change fxp0 to whatever interface you want to do the filtering on or setup a macro for it. You should also change the port to the new 1194 if needed.

For good measure: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/index.html

-- Robert

Matt Singerman wrote:

Hello all,

I have set up OpenVPN on an OpenBSD 3.2 machine, and I believe I have it configured properly - the loopback tests work for both the client and server. When I set it to run, it appears to be starting okay, but I cannot connect to it.

I am fairly sure that the problem is somewhere in my firewall configuration, and I can't seem to find any examples of how to configure pf correctly using openvpn. Can anyone point me to some examples? Thanks.

--Matt