Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Newbie help getting openvpn to work

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Newbie help getting openvpn to work
  • From: "Adam Pavelec" <apavelec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:13:10 -0500

On Sunday, December 19, 2004 8:49 PM [GMT-5=EST], Howell Silverman <howells@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[SNIP]

Question: In network connections I have two icons.  1 for the local
network the other for tap-win32 adpter v8. which are bridged
together.  Do I have to manually set the IP address for the tap-win32
device or leave it as 'obtain automatically'?

In essence, you should duplicate the settings from your normal, LAN network connection to the newly created bridged connection. For example, if your LAN connection was set up to obtain everything automatically, you shouldn't need to change anything in the Bridged connection. However, if your LAN connection was set up with a static IP address, etc., you will need to duplicate its settings in your Bridged connection.

HTH,
Adam