[Openvpn-users] WAIT status via Management Interface

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] WAIT status via Management Interface
  • From: Steven Palm <n9yty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:36:02 -0600

Curious question...

I see the WAIT message in the Management Interface documented as such:

WAIT          -- (Client only) Waiting for initial response from server.

However, I bring a tunnel up and get the CONNECTED state, and then after a while it received WAIT over the management interface, and that is the last status update I received.

Why do I get a message about waiting for an initial response after the tunnel is already connected? I thought that maybe my GUI had lost it's socket connection to the management interface, but I cannot get in from another process so I assume the connection is still active. Even if this was a result of a re-connect attempt, wouldn't it leave me with another CONNECTED message when it finished?

Thanks,

Steve