[Openvpn-users] Netware Client IPX over OpenVPN bridge

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Netware Client IPX over OpenVPN bridge
  • From: "Brent Gardner" <bgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:56:39 -0700

Hello, list.

I'm trying to get a laptop running Novell Netware Client and OpenVPN v2.0rc1
in bridge mode on Windows 2000 to access a Netware 5.0 server running IPX
only on my private network.

Anyone running such a configuration?

The client cannot log in to NetWare or browse any trees or servers.

I've had no other trouble with the bridge connection.  In fact, I can unbind
TCP/IP from the TAP/Win32 device and map a drive across the bridge with
NetBEUI.

The server will be decommissioned in first quarter 2005 and I don't plan on
installing TCP/IP on it.

Thanks.

Brent Gardner
Network Administrator